"Day 5: My first experience on the Diamond Princess"

"Day 5: My first experience on the Diamond Princess"

ulPvkF 0 2 10.23 18:23
Hello.

Our first cruise life is over and we went home yesterday, but we will continue to record the Diamond Princess ????

On the fifth day of our first Diamond Princess cruise, we docked at Akita Port.

Since we didn't join the tour, we went to Port Tower Selion, about a 15-minute walk from the port.

It's a 131m-tall tower that can be seen from the port, and there is an observation deck at 100m.

This is free.

If you go up in the elevator, you can see Akita Port and the cityscape in a 360-degree view.

There are windmills spinning for wind power generation.

The sea breeze was strong and cold...

And I wondered what those black things were, and it turned out to be a row of solar panels that generate electricity using nature ????

After the observation deck, we also looked around the roadside station.

There were various local specialties for sale, such as smoked daikon radish and Inaniwa udon.

We were thinking of going to the abandoned railway lines after leaving Selion, but my husband said he had a backache since the morning, and since it was windy and cold, we decided to go back to the ship.

I remembered that on the Asuka II cruise, I got seasick and stayed in bed until the evening on the middle day of the 2-night, 3-day cruise ????

I wonder how it will go this time too...

We went back to the ship and had lunch at Horizon Court.

We mainly ate salad, then pizza ????????

And we had soft serve ice cream ???? for dessert.

It was announced that we had to go through immigration procedures to enter Korea today.

Our first passport was stamped with an immigration stamp.

After that, we went back to the room, and my husband rested in bed.

I read the comments I received on FB, wrote replies, updated my blog,

I watched a movie on the TV in the room for the first time,

I spent the day relaxing.

I always get lost on the ship before eating dinner, so I explored here and there! ️

You can go to the open deck and look at the pool, and in the morning radio exercises are shown on the big screen????

Deck chairs are lined up around the pool.

Looking into the Grand Plaza from the seventh floor, it's gorgeous????

It's sparkling and you can even see the elevator through it.

There is a sushi restaurant called "Umi", and...

On the sixth floor, you will find the International Dining Room and the main dining room.

We still have a lot to explore, but we want to have dinner early and get a good seat to watch the show, so we won't go to the dining room for dinner, but will have dinner at the Horizon Court on the 14th floor.

It looks like it's hard for my dad to sit in the dining room for a long time for a course meal, so...

The sun was setting just as we were eating dessert,...

I wanted to take a picture, so I went out to the deck outside without putting on my coat and watched the sunset, and I heard the sound of drums and the voices of Namahage.

I also wanted to take a photo, so I went in the opposite direction, and came back to see the sunset again.

I think I've never seen such a sunset before, the sun floating above the sea was so beautiful????

When it was about halfway under the sea, I gave in to the cold and returned to Horizon Court, but it was the best sunset‼ ️

It feels different when you watch it from the sea〜????

I was very satisfied to be able to see such a beautiful sunset????

The evening show was a concert by violinist Michael Baccara.

There was also an introduction of the song in Japanese, and it was a very exciting concert with a collaboration with the band.

After that, I participated in a lip-syncing competition with the crew.

I was surprised at this event as well, with a professional performance that I couldn't believe was from the crew‼ ️

It was a fun and fun show.

Today was another wonderful day.

I'm sure you can't wait to go on a cruise, but the Diamond Princess cruise is the best????

I can see that this is how people get addicted to it????

I'll enjoy it until the last day of the cruise.

I'll report back.

Comments